Reasons to Have a New Year’s Eve Wedding
Weddings can be really stressful to plan and execute. With so many options to choose from, with so many opinions coming your way, most of them conflicting with your own wishes and desires, your wedding can start getting out of hand without anything definite even started.
The décor, the menu, the drinks, the clothes, all of that needs to be just right for the weather, the month, the day of your wedding. But what if you want sequined bridesmaids and glittery black décor? What if you want the bar to be open all night long, but your friends and family need to go to work the next day? How can you have the fun, creative, highly festive wedding you have always wanted?
Have your wedding on New Year’s Eve.
A New Year’s Eve Wedding?
Yes. There are so many reasons why you should have your wedding on New Year’s Eve, such as:
1. It’s a holiday – The holiday spirit will be high and in fine form. Everyone will be in a good party mood, people will be relaxed and ready to have fun, and there is no work tomorrow (it’s the New Year!)
2. The Countdown to Midnight – Ushering in the New Year is always fun and exciting. A New Year’s Eve wedding will have everyone you love in one place with you as you countdown to midnight, and the beginning of a new year.
3. Décor can be as glittery and sparkly as you please – Worry no more about your décor, or your bridesmaids’ dresses. Because New Year’s Eve is a festive period, anything and everything goes. Sequins and metallics are not too over-the-top for your wedding. Deck your reception venue in shimmery gold and black and silver, and your bridesmaids can wear shiny fringed dresses.
4. There will be fireworks – Quite possibly the perfect ending to your wedding celebration. Because it’s New Years Eve, there will be fireworks to highlight your wedding.
5. Partying after midnight is perfectly acceptable – No worries about going to work the next day, or for responsible persons telling you that it is time to call it a night. It is New Year’s Eve: the party is on all night.
6. No stressing over wedding favors – Anything goes. Goofy glasses, funny hats cards with New Year resolutions written on them… any fun items you can think of will be great for your wedding favors, because of the holiday.
7. Champagne all night long – Champagne and sparkly wines can flow endlessly all night, there are no limits.
8. Wedding colors can be out-of-the-box – Don’t restrict yourself, don’t think you are overdoing it if you want your guests to come in flowing black gowns with teal accessories: it’s New Year’s Eve!
9. Ditch the photographer: Get a photo booth – Photo booths are fun and keeping with the spirit of things. A photo booth with a shiny gold or black background just cinches the deal.
10. It is a low-key winter wedding – You will be having a winter wedding that doesn’t really feel like a winter wedding.
11. Everyone gets a kiss at midnight –Once it is midnight, you get to kiss your new spouse as you celebrate the New Year.