A day on a Quintessential English Estate
Henley on Thames, United Kingdom
Your perfect quintessentially English luxury day to celebrate your impending wedding with your friends and family.
Secret tunnels and a never ending maze; herding ducks and shooting arrows; tractor driving and horse riding: roaring fires and a delicious lunch prepared by your personal chef; games in the billiard room and hands on lesson in preparing and baking the perfect quintessential English afternoon tea.
Do you love the idea of a spending a day filled with traditional country pursuits, enjoying it all with friends and family in a stunning stately home, whose walls could share more secrets than most of us could imagine?
Your Chauffeur will collect you from the hotel and take you to a beautiful Tudor Manor House in Buckinghamshire. The owners provide a wonderfully warm welcome, with roaring log fires and a fascinating personal guided tour of their home, including the room where Elizabeth I held meetings of her Privy Council. You can feel the amazing history attached to every room in the house.
You can make the most of having the run of the house for the day, from warming up by the wonderful fire in the kitchen to a quick game in the Billiards Room when you choose.
In the morning, you can choose from a fabulous selection of fun activities, including:
- Archery and rifle shooting: Your instructor will set the ranges up in the parterre, which is a beautiful area of the garden, and right next to the maze. Your instructor is hugely experienced and will create a wonderful shooting experience for you.
- The Maze: You will all love getting lost in the maze, and seeing who can find their way out first
- Tractor riding: Your host is very proud of his tractor and he will be delighted to take the children, and the adults too if you would like, around the extensive grounds.
- Tunnel exploring: The manor house has a network of amazing tunnels that they think were built for escaping conspirators in the Civil War, and you are all welcome to join your host as he guides you through to their exit points in the woods
- Horse riding: There is a lovely stable in the village that the family use, and you can explore the beautiful countryside on horseback
35 Reading Road, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire. RG9 1AB
The fresh air and morning activities will help you to develop a healthy appetite and your personal chef will serve you a delicious and warming lunch from your choice of menu, in the stunning Elizabethan dining room.
In the afternoon, you may want to enjoy the preparation of a very important part of a day in a country house: your chef will help you to prepare and bake a quintessential English afternoon tea. Once all of the fabulous baking smells have whetted your appetites, you can then sit down and enjoy the results of your culinary skills, and compare the results. You all are also invited to make the most of the Billiard Room and play some games while your cakes are cooking.
Prices from +VAT per person subject to size of party.
The Humphreys team will be delighted to make all of the arrangements for you, so your only decisions for the day will be what to wear and what to eat.
We offer the full range of services from which you can choose to make your day or weekend truly memorable:
- Personal professional chef and full choice of menus
- Professional photographer to capture your best moments and transfer them to a personal photobook
- Your guide to English society etiquette from a member of the British aristocracy
- Chauffeured car and/or helicopter
- Recommending and reserving accommodation and dining
Please contact the Humphreys team and we will be happy to bring your imagination to life: